Elsie does not like thunder! She was crying and barking last night so we ended up bringing her into our bedroom, poor thing, she still cried in there, but not as much. So we were laying in bed, trying to ignore her and get some sleep and we hear this big bang. My first thought was that it was the picture frame in the kitchen that stupid thing has fallen down twice. But we get to the kitchen, and nothing is disturbed. So we think for a second, what could have made that loud of a noise... a tree! At first we thought the huge dead tree behind our house had fallen, which we have always been sure will fall directly on the house, but once we investigated we found that it had only been a huge branch! I guess to have some wood to cut up for when we go camping... and we need a new picnic table...
You can't see too well in this pic, but that branch that is by the screen door is pushing into the screen about an inch. It kinda stinks that it didn't break it, because I would love a new slider, that one stinks. But I shouldn't complain, we were so lucky that all we lost was an old picnic table. We should check the roof though, there were some branches up there, I don't think anything is wrong, but it is better to check than not to.
Oh! And our tent was up last night! Joel was spraying it last week for rain, but ran out of the spray so I had to order more. We just got it yesterday, but didn't have time to spray it again. The tent didn't blow away, but half of it did colapse, I am praying that it isn't broken, we JUST got it!
I hope everyone else came through the storm well!
No comments:
Post a Comment