Monday, December 10, 2007

"All I want for Christmas...

... is my two front teeth" Well, any teeth really.

Tonight we went to see Santa... We thought it would be best to go during the day so there wouldn't be a line, and I had to go to the doctor anyways, so we just went after that. We got there at 4:40, and see a sign "Gone to feed the reindeer 4:30-5:30" Great! So we ran to Michaels, I needed some stuff there. We go back to Santa, it is 5:36... and a line :( 40 minutes later, we get to Santa. Addie isn't a fan of lines, so she wasn't in the most stellar mood when she got to see him. At least she didn't cry though. She slept the whole way home too, poor baby!

Rivertown had a good Santa though, very authentic looking. And he was really nice, he talked to her and even held her longer than we expected, so that was nice, that he didn't try to shove her off right away.

Oh! And the girl at the Santa thing asked me what HIS name is! Honestly! She is wearing pink and red with flowers on it! AND pink shoes! Does she look like a boy? This summer whenever she had a stitch of blue on her, people asked if she was a boy! It is SO annoying, maybe I have my mommy glasses on or something, but I really don't think she looks like a boy! Vent over.

Tonight I also made Christmas cookies, a yearly tradition I almost skipped this year. I am glad I didn't, I can't wait to eat them! Although, I accidentally left the last batch in the oven for about an hour :( Yikes!!! So if anyone like extra crispy cookies, give me a call! Tonight I still have to frost them all, which is probably my least favorite part, but oh well, the frosting is the yummiest!

Last week we also did out Christmas picture for our Christmas card. Christmas is really creeping up on me this year! Tonight we went to Michaels and it had a countdown to Christmas... only 15 more days! I am not even half done with my shopping! I really need to get in gear!




As you can see, Addie liked the ornaments:

And Elsie liked the Santa hat... stinker!

Speaking of the date, Addie is 8 months old today!!! Yay!! She is such a big girl! She is really working on crawling, she kinda inch worms and rolls herself around, which would be way cuter if it didn't involve so many face plants... I think she will be crawling in no time! She is also becoming quite the climber. She can pull herself up pretty good, on us or low things, she hasn't done it in the crib or couch or anything yet.

Oh! And this past weekend, my sister, Jaki got married! I was co-matron of honor (I was first though!) It was a fun time, and everything went smoothly. I took 391 pictures!!! I would have take more buy my battery died, and I forgot the spare! Oh well, I got a lot of cute ones though, I think at least.

Here is the happy couple:





And another happy couple :)
Hmmm... we were smiling... must have been before we found out we had to stay late to clean up! Or at least I did, Joel had to go watch Addie.

Addie was the flower baby in the wedding. She was very crabby the whole day, so she isn't in a ton of pictures. Here is probably the only one where she smiled. I carried her down the aisle.


And here are me and my sisters:

Here you go Amy:

This is way longer than I planned on! I hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great pictures! Silly Elsie trying to steal the santa hat. Addie is such a doll and your sister made a gorgeous bride!

Amy Carroll said...

Look at that little Addie in her flower girl dress!!! Your sister looked beautiful. So did you Amanda! I love your hair and makeup! I wish I could see the full dress you wore...it looks fabulous from what I can see.

Amy Carroll said...

It IS fabulous! Thanks Amanda!

(one would think I would get sick of looking at wedding and wedding-related dresses after seeing them every weekend but I just love 'em!)

Anonymous said...

I look very tired in that picture. Hmmm....maybe just drunk.