Sunday, August 3, 2008

Boating

This weekend we went to my parents' boat. I think Addie's favorite part was walking up and down the walk.




Since we were there past her bedtime, she got some special treatment by getting her pipey when she wasn't in bed. She also got to go on her first dinghy ride!!!!! I don't know if you can tell because the picture is so small, but she looks pretty nervous!





Cousin Chase got to hold her!




Then we went on a boat ride! We actually went up to go to the Coast Guard festival fireworks, but the water was too rough to anchor in Lake Michigan so we just went for a short ride. Here Addie is rockin' out with Uncle Casey's shades.




Here are a couple of my TOO many pictures of the sunset.








Me and Addie... poor thing could barely move with her life jacket on!!!!!



Our fam



Elsie had to get in on the action... well, she was a little lazy so she is only half in!



Addie was SO tired in all the pictures!

*********************************************

I thought I had better do a quick update on me as well. I had my d&c on Thursday, it went well. I have been a little crampy, but not bad at all. I am still trying to take it easy because if I do it, it gets worse. I have a follow up on Tuesday, but I don't foresee anything new with that.

Thanks everyone for the support and prayers it has meant a lot to us.

I close this with a verse a friend sent me, and has helped a great deal:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Amy Carroll said...

What a beautiful and perfect verse.

I saw that same sunset over Lake Michigan on Saturday...so beautiful! That little Addie sure does look sleep in these pictures ;)

Christina said...

That is a great verse. I'm glad that you are doing better. I love all of the pictures and your family is beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Looks like fun! Avery cracks me up when she wears her life jacket. The pic of Addie wearing hers reminds me of Avery. Made me laugh when I saw it :)

Courtney said...

Fun pictures!! I LOVE Addie in her life jacket - precious! It looks like you guys had a good weekend. :)

Leslie said...

Addie looks so cute in her life jacket! What a beautiful night for a boat ride, sunset & fireworks. Cute family pic!!

apt said...

Great family photo.
Hope the good days and moments start outnumbering the bad ones by far.