Today Addie had her 6 month check up. She did pretty well. She had to get three shots, and didn't cry too much, so that was nice, but she had a mini breakdown before she got them, she was SO tired!!!
Stats: This was kind of a let down, I thought she grew an inch and a half, but I must be a bad measurer!!!!! She only grew a half inch So she is now 24" which is the 5th percentile, and she only weighs 12 lb 3oz which has dropped her below the curve again... at the third percentile.... I think it is because of the thrush though, she has not been eating good! So hopefully she will have a leap next time... My mom said that with solids she should gain faster, which is probably right because she shouldn't spit up as much.
I went to Meijer tonight to start "real food", I was going to get an avacado, but they didn't have any! So I have to go to another Meijer tomorrow, and I will see if they have any, otherwise I think I will go with banana first.
Joel and I also had to get shots today :( I am not going to lie, it stunk. We had to get the flu shot, and Addie had to get one too. I wasn't sure if I was going to have her get it at first, but she is in a high risk group, so I thought it is better to be safe than sorry. My arm still hurt
s, but I guess it is nothing compared to Addie's THREE shots. Joel said his arm doesn't even hurt any more... further evidence that I am a wimp! One would think that I would be used to pokes after my hospital stay!
I almost forgot, her thrush is improving, the doctor looked at it and said it is looking good... well, as good as it can look I guess. He suggested when I give her the antibiotic to rub it into her gums and tongue with my finger, but, I will be honest, that is gross! So I use the medicine dropper to do it!
This picture isn't the greatest, but here is Addie doing what she loves best, standing!!!! I was trying to get her to hold on to something, but she only did it for long enough for me to take a picture, then she plopped!
Lastly, Addie had her 6 month pictures on Friday! She did SO good!!!! MUCH better than her 3 month. If you want to see a couple, they were featured as the picture of the day by the photgrapher, Amy Carroll, if you click on her link to the right you can see a couple, just go the the Picture of the Day for Friday. She is looking super cute if I do say so myself!
2 comments:
You left out the part about Addie trying to eat the stethescope
Haha! I forgot about the part where she was reading the chart too!
Post a Comment