Thursday, October 11, 2007

"You are .5 years old today!"

Well, Addie is! Joel said that to her today at dinner, I thought it was clever... I never think of clever things to say... oh well.

Here are a couple pics from the day! Ella was playing in a box, because who needs toys, right? I thought it would be fun to plop Addie in too. You can tell Addie is mine, right, because I always cut the top of the head off of the other kid in the picture!!! I don't even realize I am doing it either! I just always try to get her to smile, and don't look at the camera because I don't want to miss it! Poor Ella!







Doesn't Addie's sweater make her look like a little vampire, I think it every time I put it on her. It is from when I was a baby. I always try to push that collar down, but it never ceases to pop up in a vampire-esque way! I guess the collar up is in style now, right? Addie is just more hip than I am.

In honor of the .5 years old I wanted to post a couple pics from her birthday (April 10) well, these actually are from the day after her actual birthday, since I couldn't see her that day:


Here is one of our first family pictures, we took one the day she was born, but I look horrible, so I am not going to post that one! So this one was the first family picture we took the day after she was born the first time I got to see her again!!!!

Addie is growing like quite the weed, I measured her 4 weeks ago (scientifically by laying her on pieces of paper lined up, then measuring the paper) and she was 24.5" long, and I measured her again today, because I swear she is getting SO big, and she was 26"!!!! That is an inch and a half in 3 weeks! Yikes! We will see her official height at the doctor when we go next week!











And this one is our little baby burrito! Doesn't she look cute? This is from the first time we saw her with her eyes open
In other Addie news.... she is really getting the hang of sitting up! She doesn't faceplant quite so quickly anymore, so that is nice! Here she is the other day when we were practicing:



She seems to be enjoying it right? Elsie loves it when Addie is sitting on the floor because she is just the right height to lick her face! It is hard to try to keep Elsie away and keep Addie from a carpet burned face all at once!!!





We also got a new kitchen table today, it is SO nice, now we just have to get rid of our old one. I put it on Craigslist, but no bites yet :( Hopefully soon though! I will have to take a picture of it for next time.

That is all the news lately, I just have one more picture to share, this is from when we went up north, Jenn took a family pic of us... turned out pretty good, too bad Addie didn't smile, but we got a lot of other good smile pictures from her, so I am not going to complain!
Addie has her 6 month pictures on Friday, wish up luck!!!! She was super crabby for her 3 month shoot.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow this blog is the best one I have ever read!