Monday, June 15, 2009

Strawberries!!!!

This week I FINALLY got my Mothers' Day present! I hanging strawberry plant! We ordered it before Mothers' day, and it JUST came!

I thought it would be fun for Addie to help me put it together.

Now that I have done it, I DO NOT recommend doing it in the house, or using any "inside" utensils to do it (measuring cup, bowl, spoons).

And excuse my raggamuffin little girl with her smeared lipstick, and messy clothes/hair!

Here we are waiting for the moss to grow... so it pliable enough to line the basket with.
(notice the "pretty" around her neck... aka the chain the hang the basket)
Photobucket

Ready to fill the basket!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Addie didn't like to get dirty, so she had to clean up all the time.
Photobucket

Not so sure about this....
Photobucket

I told her to smile, this is what I got.
Photobucket

Dumping the dirt in!
Photobucket

The consequences of letting a 2 year old dump the dirt in.
Photobucket

Mixing the dirt and water, so it is moist for the seeds.
Photobucket

This was Addie favorite part... as long as she didn't get the dirt on her hands.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Figuring out how the spray bottle works.
Photobucket

She got it!
Photobucket

Watering the seeds
Photobucket

We hung it temporarily on the arbor... probably the sunniest spot. Addie WAS in the picture, but she kept running away!
Photobucket

Hopefully we will have sprouts in a week or so!

6 comments:

The Roths said...

What a fun but messy project!!! Little Miss Addie is starting to look so big!

Amy Carroll said...

I think I want to get my own hanging strawberry plant now! Will you get fruit off of it this year?

I love that Addie won't get dirty..she is so cute! Her little expressions always make me laugh ;)

Amanda said...

I don't know Amy! My mom said since I planted so late I probably won't get any until super late :( We'll see!

Bryce and Misty said...

How Cute! Yummm Strawberries! Looks like it was messy fun.

Austin, Melissa, Ethan and Ollie said...

Looks like a fun project!

Vanessa said...

This reminded me that I still have to get mine ready!!