The dietician called today, and pretty much said Addie should have 50-100 more calories a day (which I think she does get by now) and she should have some more veggies and meat. We already knew that though, I offer her veggies and meat all the time and she throws it. So I will just keep trying. She has gained over a pound since then, so I think things are going well.
Addie has been warm for a couple days, figured it was teeth, she was acting okay, I didn't even take her temp. Didn't eat much lunch at all. No biggie... just one of those days I guess. Then she was acting kinda "down" at 1ish, just acting tired, not laughing, or playing, just wants to cuddle. I didn't think she felt good, so I gave her some Tylenol. I took her temp at 2... 103.
I went to the doc at 3, they took her temp and the armpit temp was almost 105. The nurse started to freak out and fill the sink with cold water. So we put a cold rag on her to try to cool her down, and gave her some Motrin. They took a rectal temp and it was 103. The doctor came in, checked her (ears were fine, throat, and chest were fine.) Then she told us she was sending us the the ER her fever was too high and we needed to get to the bottom of it. (This was not MY doctor, I hadn't seen this doctor since I was pregnant, and she is the same one who sent me to the hospital initially, kinda weird coincidence)
I called my sister who called my grandma at the hospital to meet me, and she stayed with us most of the time.
Anyways. We got to the hospital, and they took her temp, and it was around 102. So they said that they were going to do a catheter, blood test, and xray. Addie hated the catheter! But they got that, and no UTI. Good news. Then we went to the xray. The xray didn't show anything so that was good.
Then we had to get the blood drawn, and they put an iv port in. Addie hated that also The only thing the blood showed was that she had a high white blood cell count. So she has an infection, we just don't know what, probably in the blood. So, they gave her some fluids and an antibiotic through the iv.
At 7:30 my grandma had to go home, so I called Joel to come, I was hungry, and I didn't want to sit there alone. Not 2 minutes after he got there they came in and said we could go home! Figures... So, now we have a prescription for an antibiotic again... I have to call tomorrow and see if she still has to get her VCUG, I guess sometimes they won't do it if the child is sick. So, we will see.
1 comment:
I hope she feels better!! Also, don't give up on the meat and veggies. At some point she'll accept them..
Post a Comment