As many I of you know, Addie has been struggling in the weight department. I have been having to weigh her every week and call in to the doctor with her weight. She is still breastfeeding, and I can give her the solid schedule of a 4-6 month old.
She has been gaining weight VERY slowly. I looked it up, and the average baby her age gains 2-4 oz a week. Addie was probably around 12 lbs 10 oz for a month.... and this week she lost weight... she had FINALLY made it to 13 lbs, last week she weight 13,2, but this week she was down to 12,14. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it is when she should be gaining.
So, the nurse called me back this morning, and Addie is being referred to Devos Children's Hospital Endocrinologist. They are probably going to be doing blood work and an exam to see why she isn't gaining. The scheduling girl is supposed to call me, the nurse said it will probably take a little while to get in, so I am just waiting right now.
So, prayers that we find out what is going on with her, and that is it something with an easy remedy.
If you are interested, here is a copy of the CDC weight chart, the black line is where Addie is at:
3 comments:
I'm thinking of her!Keep us posted! I wish I could send her some of my extra food intake!
I will continue praying for her and that you guys get some answers. Hang in there!
Best of luck to you as you go through this process. I hope you get some answers.
Post a Comment